Mystic Ballet

Friday, November 12, 2010

Louisa Poletti, 20, Australia

Hello Mystic Ballet Blog-Followers!

Wow! What a busy few weeks we've had! But I'll start off with spooky old Halloween...

Coming from Australia we don't tend to celebrate halloween to any huge degree. So being here on Halloween was a really fantastic experience! Some of the company members went about trick-or-treating, dressed as vampires, alice-in-wonderland, devils, witches and ventriloquist dolls. I personally donned a 'ninja' outfit, equipped with fake daggers and other tools. We had SO much fun!!! It was so great to just run about like kids and collect lollies and chocolate all night! It's definitely something I'd do again because the atmosphere and because of all of the fantastic costumes we saw from some of the kids around town!

Back in the studio, last week we got the chance to work with Sergei Vanaev on a new work to be performed in February. Working with Sergei was wonderful! He's such a funny person! I thoroughly enjoyed his choreography and I'm really looking forward to performing the work in our Dynamic Directions season and can't wait to see what else is in store for it!
I'm also quite glad to be completely back on my feet after having had injuries prior to our GRAB season, so I'm thrilled that I've finally completely recovered from my ailments and can give it everything I've got!

We've currently been working on The Mystic Nutcracker performance, and I have to say, I've been having a blast! Fairies, snowflakes, ballroom-guests, parents and lots of dancing! It's been brilliant! And from what we've heard about set etc. it's going to be a smashing show! I am REALLY looking forward to getting into the theatre with costumes - that's the best part. When everything comes together on stage with the lights, costumes and sets... Production week (our week in the theatre prior to the performance) is always my absolute favourite because you get to see the summit of all of the hard work you've done. It just makes you feel like such a huge part of things and it makes you feel so proud of everything you've achieved. Of course, it's even better when you get to share that with an audience! <- That is priceless

At the moment I'm looking forward to the weekend, so I can hit the gym and maybe relax a bit! If I'm not working on some creative venture that is! Haha!

On a more off-beat note, I've been trying to find time recently to explore a bit of Mystic, and I've been really enjoying visiting the Bookshop in downtown Mystic. I am an avid reader, so I find myself right at home in the bookstore. I also love art and painting/drawing, so I love visiting the art store across the road from the bookshop. They have some fantastic materials there which has made me feel really at home over here. If anyone knows of some lovely scenic views within walking distance, shoot them my way! I'll be out there with a sketch pad and my drawing kit in no time!
So! If you're ever looking for me around Mystic there are 3 main places to try. The bookstore, the art store, or the YMCA - Just look for the red-haired girl!

See you around!
Lou xx

No comments:

Post a Comment